Sorbitan Monolaurate (Sp-20) E493 Cas No. 1338-39-2
- Product group
- Food Emulsifiers
Zhengzhou Yizeli Industrial Co., Ltd.
- Company name
- Zhengzhou Yizeli Industrial Co., Ltd.
- Business type
- Exports to
S20-SORBITAN MONOLAURATE Characters: Sorbitan monolaurate is called SP20, it is yellow viscous liquid, CAS NO. 1338-39-2, E code is E493, It has a special odor, which is slightly soluble in isopropanol, chloroethylene, xylene, cottonseed oil and mineral oil.
Sorbitan monolaurate is called SP20, it is yellow viscous liquid, CAS NO. 1338-39-2, E code is E493, It has a special odor, which is slightly soluble in isopropanol, chloroethylene, xylene, cottonseed oil and mineral oil, slightly soluble in liquid paraffin, insoluble in water and emulsion after dispersing. It has emulsifying, lubricating, stabilizing and defoaming properties. It belongs to W/O emulsifier and its HLB value is 8.6.
This product has strong emulsification, dispersion, wetting properties, is a good thickening agent, lubricants, stabilizers and defoamers.
(1) In bread, cakes and shortening as emulsifier improve the bread and cakes quality, increase their volume, the dose is 0.3%(based on the dry materials quantity.
(2) For fats, oils and emulsified fat products, to improve the stability of fat emulsion. And the dose is 1.5%(Based the fat).
(3) For the soybean products, the dose is 0.16%(based on the soybean quantity)
(4) For chocolate and cocoa products, improve the texture and increase flexibility.
(1) Add it to the water around 60 ℃, make it paste form, and then use it in an appropriate proportion.
(2) Further processing after it is evenly dissolved with the fat.
Parameters Unit Standard value
Fatty acid w/% 56-68
Sorbitol w/% 36-49
Acid value mg KOH/g 7.0 Max.
Saponification value mg KOH/g 155-170
Hydroxyl value mg KOH/g 330-360
Moisture w/% 1.5 max.
Residue on ignition w/% 0.5 max.
Arsenic mg/kg 3 max.
Pb mg/kg 2 max.
25 / 200 kgs drums.
Storage & Transportation:
Sealed and stored in the low temperature, dry, cool and well-ventilated place, in order to prevent from moisture and caking. Strictly forbid storing and transporting with materials that is explosive, combustible or deleterious. The shelf life is 12 months.
More from this supplier
Polyoxyethylene Sorbitan Trioleate(Tween85) Cas No. 9005-70-3
Polyoxyethylene Sorbitan Tristearate(Tween 65) E436 Cas No. 9005-71-4
Polyoxyethylene Sorbitan Monostearate(Tween 60) E435 Cas No. 9005-67-8
Polyoxyethylene Sorbitan Monopalmitate (Tween 40) E434 Cas No. 9005-66-7
Polyoxyethylene Sorbitan Monolaurate(Tween 20) E432 Cas No. 9005-64-5
Sorbitan Trioleate(Sp85) Cas No. 26266-58-0
Sorbitan Monooleate(Sp80) E494 Cas No. 1338-43-8
Sorbitan Monopalmitate (Sp-40) E495 Cas No. 26266-57-9