Industrial Boiler Soft Water Equipment
1. System description
Industrial Boiler Soft Water Equipment is the removal of calcium, magnesium, and certain other metal cations in hard water. The resulting soft water is more compatible with soap and extends the lifetime of plumbing. Water softening is usually achieved using lime softening or ion-exchange resins.
1) Remove Ca+ and Mg+ via ion exchange resin, prevent scaling on the equipment and piping.
2) Piping available in stainless steel, carbon steel, copper, PVC, CPVC & other materials
3) PLC control panels
4) Custom FPR/SS tank designs for maximum life span
5) Pre-installed piping, wiring, & control valves
6) Factory tested components for immediate installation
7) Durable, robust water softeners, even under adverse conditions
8) Water or pneumatic actuated control valves
3. Technical process
ion-exchange devices reduce the hardness by replacing magnesium and calcium (Mg2+ and Ca2+) with sodium or potassium ions (Na+ and K+)."
Ion exchange resins are organic polymers containing anionic functional groups to which the divalent cations (Ca++) bind more strongly than monovalent cations (Na+). Inorganic materials called zeolites also exhibit ion-exchange properties. These minerals are widely used in laundry detergents. Resins are also available to remove carbonate, bi-carbonate and sulphate ions which are absorbed and hydroxide ions released from the resin
1) Pretreatment of UF, RO, Desalination: Sea water, brackish water etc.
2) Electronics: wafer fab, semiconductors, microelectronics, photovoltaics etc.
3) Chemicals: petrochemicals, paper, cosmetics, plating, coating
4) Power: power plant, coal-powered plant, biomass energy
5) Food&Beverage: bottled water, soft drink, tea, coffee, wine&brewery, milk&dairy