Precipitated Barium Sulfate
Chemical Formula : BaSO4
Molecular weight : 233.39
Cas No: 7727-43-7
Character :White powder, not soluble in water or acid, melting point 1580℃
Use: As a functional filler in coating, printing ink, plastic, rubber, storage battery, etc. Also as a drug in gastrointestinal X-ray radiographic, etc.
1. It is mainly used as a weighting agent for oil and gas drilling mud. It is also an important mineral raw material for extracting metal lanthanum and preparing various cerium compounds.
2. A mordant for printing and dyeing, a sizing agent for fabrics, a weighting agent, a filler for papermaking, a fireproof fabric and a filler for tanning,
3. Laxatives for the pharmaceutical industry and raw materials for the production of gastric medicine magnesium silicate, esophagus, gastrointestinal X-ray angiography for the production of fresh yeast, monosodium glutamate and toothpaste with calcium hydrogen phosphate stabilizer, also used to prepare plants for hibernation Agent.
4. For the preparation of crack-free plating solution in metal plating, as a conductive salt in the nickel plating solution, the white surface of the plating layer can be made soft.
5. Used as a filler for adhesives, sealants, rubber, plastics, paints, inks, white pigments, insulating tapes, etc.
Item Industrial Modified
Purity %≥ 98.0 98.0
Fe %≤ 0.001 0.001
Whiteness %≥ 94 94
Oil absorption 13~17mL/100g 13~17mL/100g
PH value 6.5~9.0 8.0~10.0
Water soluble%≤ 0.3 0.3
D50 um — 0.5~0.7