The Ct-G551 GPS module is a high sensitivity, low power, Surface Mount Device (SMD) that fully utilized SiRFstarV upgraded features. This 48-channel Global Positioning System (GPS) and Global Navigation Satellite System (GLONASS) receiver is designed for a wide range of OEM applications and is based on the GPS signal search capabilities of the
SiRFstarV CSRG05e ROM chipset, SiRF’ s newest chipset technology. The Ct-G551 provides flexible bus interfaces (UART).
The Ct-G551 is designed to allow quick and easy integration into GPS-related applications
● Mobile gaming
● Cellular handsets
● Asset tracking
● Other location-aware consumer devices Premium on-chip software provides a new
level of continuous location awareness by employing.
● Opportunistic ephemeris decode and advanced power management, which enable
the GPS receiver to stay in a hot-start condition nearly continuously while consuming
very little power
● Full support for client-based and server-based SiRFInstantFixTM
● Dynamic contextual awareness, temperature monitoring, and MEMS sensors that work
in concert to conserve power and boost performance
● Use of software control modules to achieve power saving state
Hardware and Software
● Based on the high performance features of the SiRF Star V low power single chipset.
● Adaptive Micropower Controller:
● Only 50 to 500μA maintains hot start capability
● <10mW required for TricklePower™ modeRoHS compliant (lead-free)
● SMT pads allow for fully automatic assembly processes equipment and reflow soldering
● Advanced Navigation Features:
● Smart sensor I²C interface
● Interrupt input for context change detection
● Highest performance Solution :
● GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and SBAS reception for high GNSS availability and accuracy
- High sensitivity navigation engine (PVT) tracks as low as GPS:-164dBm、
● 48 track verification channels
● SBAS (WAAS or EGNOS,MSAS)
● Active Jammer Remover:
● Removes in-band jammers up to 80 dB-Hz
● Tracks up to 8 CW jammers
● Multimode A-GPS (Autonomous, MS-Based, and MS-Assisted) – Need operator support
● Embedded CGEE / SGEE (With back-end server support) speed up TTFF a lot and
makes cold start time to be around 20+ seconds.
● SiRFGeoRecovTM Reverse EE makes positioning process being done under power
● Reacquisition Time: 0.1 second
● RF Metal Shield for best performance in noisy environments
● Built-in LNA.
● Built-in internal ROM and based on Firmware 4.1.X
● It can remove in-band jammer up to 80db-Hz and track up to 8CW jammers, so the
module can prevent GPS signal interference when design-in the electrical device with
noisy electrical signal interferences such as Laptop, mobile phone, DSC, etc.
● Maintain tracking sensitivity as low as GPS:-164dBm、GLONASS:-161dBm, even
without network assistance. (SiRF StarIII has only -159dBm sensitivity)
● Support SiRFaware technology :
● Support adaptive “Micro Power Controller” power management mode.
● <10mW Trickle Power, so user can leave power on all day instead of power off
● Suitable for battery drive devices that need lower power consumption application
● Ideal for high volume mass production(Taping reel package)
● Cost saving through elimination of RF and board to board digital connectors
● Flexible and cost effective hardware design for different application needs
● Embed CGEE (Client Generated Extended Ephemeris) that can capture ephemeris data
from satellites locally and predicts ephemeris out to 3 days. So if the module was off
within 3 days, it could complete positioning process with limited time just like hot start.