Graphite is a soft, steel-gray to black, hexagonally crystallized allotrope of carbon with a metallic luster and a greasy feel, used in lead pencils, lubricants, paints, and coatings, that is fabricated into a variety of forms such as molds, bricks, electrodes, crucibles, and rocket nozzles. Sophie is an extremely soft mineral at 1 to 2 on Mohs’ hardness scale. It is black and has a black streak. Its softness and streak make graphite useful in making “lead” for pencils. Crystals are uncommon, but when they occur, they are found as rough, six-sided (hexagonal) flakes. This feature is the cause of graphite’s distinctive greasy feel. It is this greasy characteristic that makes graphite a good lubricant. Because it is a solid material, it is known as a dry lubricant. Graphite is the only non-metal element that is a good conductor of electricity. In nature, graphite is found in two distinct forms, flake graphite and lump graphite. Lump graphite is more compact than flake and lacks the distinctive flaking mentioned earlier.
1. Importance will grow with green technologies
2. Up to 10x more graphite in a li-ion battery than lithium
Demand will outstrip supply
3. Just for one market – EV cars – demand by 2020 will require more than is produced globally today.
4. Then you’ve got the electronics market and nuclear energy.
Because graphite flakes slip over one another, giving it its greasy feel, graphite has long been used as a lubricant in applications where “wet” lubricants, such as oil, cannot be used. Technological changes are reducing the need for this application.
It is also used to make brake linings, lubricants, and molds in foundries. Graphite vertical machine is professionally processing fine and superfine powder of non-inflammable, non-explosive and brittle materials with Moh's hardness under six, the moisture under 5% such as calcite, chalk, limestone, dolomite, kaolin, bentonite, talc, mica, magnesite, illite, pyrophyllite and vermiculite, sepiolite, attapulgite, rectorite, diatomite, barite, gypsum, alunite, graphite, fluorite, rock phosphate, Kalium ore, pumice, etc., totally more than 100 kinds of materials.
Finished graphite powder fineness: 47-5 micron (325mesh-2500mesh)
Capacity: 0.4-12T per hour
Models graphite vertical machine: HGM80/HGM90/HGM100/HGM100A/HGM125
1) After crushed by hammer crusher, the large materials become smaller pieces and are sent to the micro powder grinding mill.
2) When the micro powder grinding mill is at work, the granulated materials are crushed and grinded by the rollers into particles below 47micron.
3) The high-pressure air blower constantly inhales air within the micro powder grinding mill.
4) Along with the high speed airflow, micronized materials are brought to the classifier.
5) The qualified particles are screened and driven into the cyclone powder collector, finally exit from the discharging valve at the bottom;
6) A small proportion of the fine powders, with airflow, moving to the dust cleaner. Filtered clean air will be emitted from the air outlet of muffler in the end.