The Connectec Ct-G340 S4 GPS module is a high sensitivity, low power, Surface Mount Device (SMD) that can be compatible to Ct-G348 or fully utilized SiRFstarIV upgrade features.
This 48-channel global positioning system (GPS) receiver is designed for a wide range of OEM applications and is based on the GPS signal search capabilities of the SiRFstarIV GSD4e
chipset, SiRF’s newest chipset technology. The Ct-G340 S4 provides flexible I/O interfaces (UART is default, I2C and SPI by customer requirement).
● Highest performance GPS PVT engine
● High acquisition sensitivity for fast TTFF
● Extremely low weak signal tracking sensitivity
● High jamming immunity
● Smallest footprint and total solution size
● Highest level of BOM integration
● Value added software enhancements
● Multimode A-GPS (Autonomous, MS-Based, and MS-Assisted) – Need operator Support
● Embedded CGEE / SGEE (Need server support) speed up TTFF a lot and makes cold start
time to be around 22 seconds.
● SiRFGeoRecovTM Reverse EE make positioning process being done under power saving
● Reacquisition Time: 0.1 second
● RF Metal Shield for best performance in noisy environments
● DIP type pitch 2.0mm- 2x10 pin header.
● Protocol: NMEA-0183 compliant.
● Baud Rate: 4800 bps, 9600 bps, 19200 bps, 38400 bps.
● RF Connector : MCX, Right angle MCX (RMCX) - option, Right angle SMA (RSMA) - option .
● Built-in LNA.
● Embed CGEE (Client Generated Extended Ephemeris) that can capture ephemeris data
from satellites locally and predicts ephemeris out to 3 days. So if the module was off
within 3 days, it could complete positioning process within 2 seconds just like hot start.
● It can remove in-band jammer up to 80db-Hz and track up to 8CW jammers, so the
module can prevent GPS signal interference when design-in the electrical device with
noisy electrical signal interferences such as Laptop, mobile phone, DSC, etc.
● Maintain tracking sensitivity as low as -163dBm, even without network assistance. (SiRF
● StarIII has only -159dBm sensitivity)
● 5 Hz Navigation Update Rate : User can select 1 Hz or 5 Hz navigation update rate.
(V4.1.0 firmware will be support)
● SBAS Ranging : SBAS satellite measurements will be used in the navigation solution for
improved DOP and coverage.(V4.1.0 firmware will support)
● Suitable for battery drive devices that need lower power consumption application
Ideal for high volume mass production(Taping reel package)
● Cost saving through elimination of RF and board to board digital connectors .